Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 3rd District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
This year's applications must be turned into my District Office by October 1, 2013.
U.S. Service Academy
I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of students to four of the five U.S. Service Academies. These prestigious Academies are open to all 17-23 year olds who desire academic rigor and service above self. For an Academy nomination packet, please contact my office 913-621-0832 or my website at yoder.house.gov under ‘Military Academy Nominations’ – The application deadline is October 1.
Academy Nomination information
There are five Academies
There are five service academies.
· U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York
· U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland
· U.S. Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs
· U.S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, New York
· U.S. Coast Guard Academy at New London, Connecticut
Each applicant for a nomination must meet the following eligibility requirements as of July 1st of the year of admission to an academy:
· Age: Be at least 17 years old, but not have passed the 23rd birthday
· Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen
· Marital Status: Must be unmarried, not pregnant, and without legal obligation to support children or other dependents
· Residence: Must reside within the boundaries of the 3rdth Congressional District of Kansas
· Skill / Fitness: Must meet the medical, physical, and academic requirements of the Academy.
Who do I contact to request an application?
Contact my office at (913) 621-0832 to request additional information about the nomination packet.
The deadline for submitting a nomination packet to my District Office is October 1st. Please contact my office at (913) 621-0832 for more specifics.